AAUW Work Smart is an interactive two-hour workshop that teaches women effective techniques to negotiate their pay and benefits packages at different stages of their career. Workshops are free to the participants.
Women working full time in the United States typically are paid just 82 percent of what white men are paid, a gap of 18 percent — and it’s even worse for women of color. AAUW Work Smart is empowering women to close the gender pay gap – women’s economic security is our goal.
Whether negotiating for a new job or an earned raise or promotion, from the workshop you will:
- Learn to identify and articulate your personal value
- Conduct objective market research to benchmark a target salary and benefits
- Develop an arsenal of negotiation strategies and persuasive responses
There are two formats: live and online. To participate in the:
- Live workshop, visit salary.aauw.org/longbeach to register for the next scheduled workshop.
- Online workshop, visit salary.aauw.org.
A bit about our local program:
Between September 2016 and December 2019, the AAUW Long Beach branch
- conducted 30 live workshops, open to the public
- 400-plus participants came from throughout Southern California
- all volunteer-driven with local sponsors
Please contact: AAUWLongBeach@gmail.com and let us know if you would like to sponsor a workshop ($800), so that any number of individuals may benefit from your forward-thinking generosity, or would like to be involved in the implementation of the live workshops.
I got a 5% raise! I did what I learned in the workshop and it worked! – K.G., January 2019