Empowering women since 1881!
A Reminder To Vote on November 6
Saturday October 6, 2018, Golden Sails Inn
Do You Want to Get a Better Understanding of the Ballot Measures
Before You Vote in November?
Our October guest speaker, Nancy Mahr, is well-qualified to share with the branch her knowledge of the 11 propositions on the upcoming ballot. Nancy is member of the AAUW Palos Verdes Peninsula Branch and is a California AAUW Director and Public Policy Co-Chair. Continue Reading
The History of Feminism: A Letter to the Next Generation
Saturday September 8, 2018, Golden Sails Inn
“The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams.” Eleanor Roosevelt
More then a hundred year ago, women in American dreamed of equal political status with men; dreamed of equal legal rights. Now women dream of equal pay and opportunity in a harassment free workplace. Women, despite legal and cultural barriers, have been actively engaged in every phase of the nation’s history. Women have helped shape the political, social, legal and economic life of our country. Continue Reading
To see more of past events, click here.
Are you earning what you deserve? In 2015, full-time working women in the U.S earned 80% of what men earn. In California, the figure is 86% – better, but still not at parity. A portion of this gap is attributed to women’s lack of knowledge in how to best negotiate for their salaries and benefits.
Created for working women, AAUW Work Smart is an interactive 2-hour workshop that teaches you to evaluate, negotiate, and articulate your worth confidently in the job market. For more specific details, please see AAUW Work Smart under Projects on this website.
- Thursday evening, October 18, Jenny Oropeza Community Center, Sponsored by Long Beach Councilwoman Lena Gonzalez
- Thursday evening, November 8, The Nonprofit Partnership (TNP)
- Saturday afternoon, December 8, The Conservation Corps Bldg, Marina Park, Sponsored by Wells Fargo
- Wednesday afternoon, August 22, YMCA of Greater Long Beach
- Saturday afternoon, July 21, City Councilwoman Price’s 3rd District field office in the Conservation Corps bldg., sponsored by Wells Fargo
- Thursday evening, July 12, The Guidance Center (1301 Pine), sponsored by Wells Fargo
- Wednesday evening, Jun 20, DeVry University (near the airport, Kilroy Airport Dr.), sponsored by Wells Fargo
- Friday evening, May 11, Red Cross of Greater Long Beach, sponsored by AAUW LB member, Lynn Shrum
- Tuesday, April 10, evening, Port of Long Beach training room, sponsored by LA County Supervisor Janice Hahn
Coordinated by American Association of University Women (AAUW) Long Beach, the AAUW Work Smart workshops are offered free to the public. Reservations for the workshop must be made online at salary.aauw.org/longbeach.
Attendance is limited to 40 participants.
Come and learn how to negotiate what you deserve!