Empowering women since 1881!
A Luncheon Most Deadly!
Ginny Baxter, Program Vice President
Want to learn how to self-publish and support a great cause for women at the same time? Join us at the November meeting and fundraiser as author, Anne Cleeland, takes you on a journey featuring the “Doyle and Acton Scotland Yard” series. Anne self-publishes her novels, so come find out how she does this.
Anne is one of the top 100 Amazon best sellers and publishes about three books annually. She is donating all proceeds from her book sales at this event to AAUW Long Beach Branch! Proceeds will go towards the scholarship fund offered to female LBCC and CSULB students each year.
Anne lives in Pasadena and holds a degree in English from UCLA as well as a law degree from Pepperdine University. Her murder series includes Murder in Spite, Murder in Shadow, and Murder in Just Cause, among many others. She writes historical fiction set in the Regency Period as well as mysteries.
WHEN: Saturday, November 16, 11am – 3pm
WHERE: Golden Sails Inn, 6285 E. Pacific Coast Hwy, Long Beach, CA, 90803
RSVP & PAYMENT BY: November 7th Required to attend.
PAYMENT: $60, (payment details on page 8) INCLUDES: Lunch, program, silent auction, book sales, and book signing.
Luncheon Most Deadly 2019 Flyer <<< download and print to share with others!
NOTE: Our regular branch meeting will be held in the same room prior to the luncheon.
9:30 a.m. Check-in and Mingle
10:00 a.m Business Meeting
11:00 a.m. Luncheon Check-in
12:00 Lunch / Program
Work Smart Workshops:
(Click the image to view or the links below to download.)
Title IX and the Olympics
In honor of the recent US Women’s Soccer World Gold Cup victory, we’re “kicking” off the Fall AAUW program with a presentation by US female Olympians and the Loyola Marymount Women’s Athletic Director to discuss the impact of Title 9 on recent the US Women’s Gold Medal Victories. Continue Reading
Celebration and Installation
Saturday June 1, 2019
The June program celebrates accomplishments of our current year and introduces the AAUW 2019-2020 Officers for the upcoming year. Co-Presidents Denise Montoya and Shelly Arnold will install the newly elected officers including returning President Denise Montoya. Her continued leadership and professional experience will bring special insight and ideas to our branch for the upcoming year. Continue Reading
Welcome to the Garden!
Saturday May 4, 2019
You are invited to attend the annual Garden Party on May 4th, 2019, from 2 p.m. to 4 p.m. The location is Charlotte Joseph’s home on Olive Ave. in the Bixby Knolls area. This event always depends on the good works of all of our AAUW members to assist the hostess. Continue Reading
Get Involved Locally
Saturday April 6, 2019
The November mid-term elections were a watershed moment for women! Americans
elected more women from throughout the country to hold positions in both the House of Representatives and the Senate, as well as in state and local levels. Women are taking their places in powerful positions in all levels of government. Continue Reading
To see more of past events, click here.
Are you earning what you deserve? In 2015, full-time working women in the U.S earned 80% of what men earn. In California, the figure is 86% – better, but still not at parity. A portion of this gap is attributed to women’s lack of knowledge in how to best negotiate for their salaries and benefits.
Created for working women, AAUW Work Smart is an interactive 2-hour workshop that teaches you to evaluate, negotiate, and articulate your worth confidently in the job market. For more specific details, please see AAUW Work Smart under Projects on this website.
- Saturday afternoon, December 14, LB 3rd District Field Office/Conservation Corps Building
Sponsored by H. Richards & Toyota, Inc.
- Thursday evening, October 3, Long Beach/Signal Hill WorkPlace; Sponsored by AAUW LB members R. Sanchez & S. Westafer
- Thursday evening, August 22, Long Beach/Signal Hill WorkPlace; Sponsored by AAUW LB member J. Caveness & H.E.P., Inc.
- Thursday evening, June 27, Long Beach/Signal Hill WorkPlace, Sponsored by AAUW LB members C. Joseph & F. Rozner
- Saturday afternoon, May 18, LB 3rd District Field Office/Conservation Corps Bldg., Sponsored by Wells Fargo
- Thursday evening, April 11, Long Beach/Signal Hill WorkPlace, Sponsored by LA County Supervisor Janice Hahn
- Tuesday evening, March 19, Red Cross of Greater Long Beach, Sponsored by Wells Fargo
- Wednesday evening, February 27, Long Beach/Signal Hill WorkPlace, Sponsored by Wells Fargo
- Thursday evening, January 24, Junior League of Long Beach, Sponsored by Wells Fargo
- Saturday afternoon, December 8 2018, The Conservation Corps Bldg, Marina Park, Sponsored by Wells Fargo
- Thursday evening, November 8 2018, The Nonprofit Partnership (TNP)
- Thursday evening, October 18 2018, Jenny Oropeza Community Center, Sponsored by Long Beach Councilwoman Lena Gonzalez
Coordinated by American Association of University Women (AAUW) Long Beach, the AAUW Work Smart workshops are offered free to the public. Reservations for the workshop must be made online at salary.aauw.org/longbeach.
Attendance is limited to 40 participants.
Come and learn how to negotiate what you deserve!